As fuel prices continue to rise (average per gallon price of diesel $4.078, higest in 12 years), it may be interesting to take a look at some facts regarding oil consumption. See below.
Oil Consumption by the Numbers
- The United States gets 40% of its engery from oil
- The average American spends 6% of their gross income on gasoline
- The United States is the largest consumer of oil in the world and the 3rd largest producer of oil in the world
- The average truck pays over $40,000 annually in taxes
- Trucking industry accounts for 12.8% of all fuel purchased
- World consumes 30 billion barrels of oil a year